Thursday, December 16, 2010

How to make a Simple Ginger Bread House...

Last night my firstborn came home from Pioneer Girls with this little holiday beauty. She had such a blast making it. When I looked it over, I realized that is something many people can make from goodies they already have around the house. The support for the house is made from some small milk cartons, but I imagine you could use a creamer carton or some other small box to stabilize the house. The house itself is made of graham crackers pasted to the support box and each other with vanilla frosting. The tree is made from frosting and an ice cream cone. For a snowman, some marshmallows and m&m's with a liquorish scarf. The rest of the embellishments are candy, wafer cookies and some gingerbread people. 


She is so proud and told me what a blast it was to make. 


I hope you have fun trying this yourself!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love crafts that you can make with "Things around the home" and she really does look very proud. What a fabulous Gingerbread House "ensemble"!


    Thank you for linking up to Kids Get Crafty! Much appreciated!

    Maggy

    ReplyDelete